BOARD MEMBERS WANTED
Do you want to become an ally to empower women in our community?
Phoenix Rising is a multi-faceted support service for women. We offer safe, affordable housing to women with or without children and programs that support the empowerment of women to gain control of their own lives.
Meetings are scheduled once per month, and you will be expected to attend each meeting, and respond to emails when required.
As a Board Member you will be asked to:
- Act in the best interests of the organization
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of being a board member
- Be familiar with the organization’s bylaws, policies and procedures, strategic plan, mission, etc.
- Respect confidentiality policies that pertain to membership and board discussions
- Keep informed about the organization’s financial activity and legal obligations
- Bring his/her own skills, experience and knowledge to the organization
- Attend board meetings regularly, arrive prepared, and be engaged
Please send your resume and a letter of interest to email@example.com